Subject: Re: Offsite Storage w/out DRM
From: Joe Faracchio <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 7 Mar 2001 10:40:01 -0800

DRM?????   WE DON'T NEED NO STINKING DRM!!!!!

We do it manually.  We decided that any/all/only offsite COPYPOOL tapes
that are FULL would be sent offsite first thing Wed a.m. We mark them as
access=offsite.  We have perl scripts that follow these rules.
COPYPOOL tapes that are offsite & pending are recalled on a 3 week
rotation.  we do 3 db backups and since now there's SNAPSHOT we use that
but still printout all the volume lists and volhist , etc that we can
we backup volhist and devconfig to floppy disk and send all that out too.

...    joe.f.

But I still pray I've done enough since management doesn't see the need
for disaster recovery drills (yet) and I haven't been given a chance to
test my setup.   Wanna lend me an AIX with 35Gigs of free disk space????

Joseph A Faracchio,  Systems Programmer, UC Berkeley

On Tue, 6 Mar 2001, John Marquart wrote:

> Hello all,
>         I am working on setting up an offsite storage plan, and needed to
> get some clarification on my configuration.
>
>
> 1)  Based on the _TSM for AIX: Admin Guide_ Ch. 20, I came up with the
> following schedule:
>
>