Hi Gert,


>> https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-li-tiptop-address-space/???
>> 
>> The latter has direct implications for the RIPE community,
> 
> Does it?  How so?
> 
> "Someone needs to allocate a block" - that would be IANA - and "someone
> needs to manage it".  That could be one of the RIRs (or IANA), but it
> won't really be affecting "the RIPE community".
> 
> What am I missing?
> 
> (Now, if you want the RIR communities to come up with a joint global
> proposal to guide IANA/NRO, this would be an interesting adventure -
> it might be much easier to just designate 4000::/3 on the IETF side,
> with clear-cut policies for that particular use case)


A first draft did ask IANA for this, however, I have been told that I was 
grossly inappropriate and that I had to ask the RIR communities.  So here I am.

We would like one RIR to manage this block.  I suspect that if no one else 
volunteers, that ARIN will take up this mantle.  Is that ok with RIPE?

Tony

-----
To unsubscribe from this mailing list or change your subscription options, 
please visit: 
https://mailman.ripe.net/mailman3/lists/address-policy-wg.ripe.net/
As we have migrated to Mailman 3, you will need to create an account with the 
email matching your subscription before you can change your settings. 
More details at: https://www.ripe.net/membership/mail/mailman-3-migration/

Reply via email to