Dear APWG,

As you might have guessed, my previous message was not supposed to be posted on this mailing list, as it was meant to reach only the proposers and the working group co- chairs.
Apologies for the confusion.


Kind regards,
Angela

Angela Dall'Ara
Policy Officer
RIPE NCC


On 16/10/2025 12:50, Angela Dall'Ara wrote:

Hi Clara and Tobias,

Thank you for your reply.

I've been informed that we can proceed with publishing the new version only after RIPE 91.

You and/or Tobias can accept all the suggestions and eventually already share the draft in the Address Policy Working Group mailing list. That will allow your audience in Bucharest to be better prepared to provide feedback.

Looking forward to meeting you in Bucharest!

Kind regards,
Angela


Angela Dall'Ara
Policy Officer
RIPE NCC



On 14/10/2025 19:01, Wade, Clara wrote:

Looks good to me. Thanks Angela and Antony!

*From: *Angela Dall'Ara <[email protected]>
*Date: *Tuesday, October 14, 2025 at 8:23 AM
*To: *"Wade, Clara" <[email protected]>, "[email protected]" <[email protected]>
*Cc: *Policy Officer <[email protected]>, Antony Gollan <[email protected]>
*Subject: *RE: [EXTERNAL] Revised IPv6 PI Assignment Policy

*CAUTION*: This email originated from outside of the organization. Do not click links or open attachments unless you can confirm the sender and know the content is safe.

Hi Clara and Tobias,

Please review ASAP and let me know if you agree with the suggestions made by my colleague Antony from the Comms dept and myself on your proposal at
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1MWyk-I8xArAx3Bw5aghKQwY3dkKAMyhBKd63Azc9hzE/edit?usp=sharing

If you are fine with the suggestions, we can try to publish your new version before the APWG session at RIPE 91. In any case it will be very interesting for the WG to see in your presentation the differences from the previous version

Looking forward to receiving your reply.


Thanks!

Angela


Angela Dall'Ara
Policy Officer
RIPE NCC

On 13/10/2025 20:21, Wade, Clara wrote:

    Hi Angela,

    Just checking in to confirm if we’re good to go.

    Thanks,

    Clara

    *From: *"Wade, Clara" <[email protected]>
    <mailto:[email protected]>
    *Date: *Wednesday, October 8, 2025 at 1:29 PM
    *To: *Angela Dall'Ara <[email protected]> <mailto:[email protected]>
    *Cc: *"[email protected]" <mailto:[email protected]>
    <[email protected]> <mailto:[email protected]>, Policy Officer
    <[email protected]> <mailto:[email protected]>
    *Subject: *Re: [EXTERNAL] Revised IPv6 PI Assignment Policy

    I confirm I agree with the waiver.

    Thank you!

    Clara




        On Oct 8, 2025, at 00:48, Angela Dall'Ara <[email protected]>
        <mailto:[email protected]> wrote:

        *CAUTION*: This email originated from outside of the
        organization. Do not click links or open attachments unless
        you can confirm the sender and know the content is safe.

        Hi Clara,

        Many thanks for the doc, I already sent it over to Comms for
        proofreading.
        I will send you their comments/suggestions for yours and
        Tobias' approval as soon as I receive them.

        Meanwhile, could you please confirm that you agree with the
        waiver below (Tobias already did it for version 1.0)?



        /Any proposal will be used for contributing to the
        formulation of the RIPE policies and will remain published on
        the RIPE community website under the proposer’s name. A
        proposal might be accepted or rejected by the RIPE community.
        Proposers have the right to withdraw their proposal at any time./

        /Provided that their proposals are accepted by the RIPE
        community and the RIPE policies are amended accordingly,
        proposers have the right to be mentioned as contributors to
        the RIPE policies affected by their proposals./

        /Any proposal and related contributions to the RIPE policies
        are publicly available information for the use of the RIPE
        community without any prior permission./

        /Proposers cannot restrict public access to their proposals
        or contribution to the RIPE policies, erase or amend them
        without the consent of the RIPE community./

        /You waive any economic right related to your proposal or
        contribution to the RIPE policies and particularly any right
        of demanding compensation from anyone that reproduces or
        distributes your proposal/contribution in any way./

        /You understand that your contribution might be amended or
        erased by future RIPE policy changes./



        Kind regards,
        Angela



        Angela Dall'Ara

        Policy Officer

        RIPE NCC

        On 07/10/2025 23:12, Wade, Clara wrote:

            Hi Angela,

            Just the one proposal for now. I’d updated everything in
            the Google Doc you shared, but here is a clean version if
            it helps:
            
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1CKCXpKTEk58_AMlEDBbWnttLZ5lPgaFTVks8lahDpHc/edit?usp=sharing

            Let me know if this looks okay to you or if you need
            anything further.

            Thank you,

            Clara

            *From: *Angela Dall'Ara <[email protected]>
            <mailto:[email protected]>
            *Date: *Monday, October 6, 2025 at 6:47 AM
            *To: *"[email protected]" <mailto:[email protected]>
            <[email protected]> <mailto:[email protected]>, "Wade,
            Clara" <[email protected]> <mailto:[email protected]>
            *Cc: *Policy Officer <[email protected]> <mailto:[email protected]>
            *Subject: *RE: [EXTERNAL] Revised IPv6 PI Assignment Policy

            *CAUTION*: This email originated from outside of the
            organization. Do not click links or open attachments
            unless you can confirm the sender and know the content is
            safe.

            Hi Clara and Tobias,

            Apologies if I’m slow, from your conversation I do not
            understand if you already agreed on presenting one
            proposal or two.

            FYI: In any case I need to receive a new version of the
            proposal(s), including summary and rationale to
            eventually proceed for coordinating proofread and publication
            
(https://www.ripe.net/community/policies/ripe-policy-proposal-template/).
            Once I receive the new version, and as we are so close to
            the start of RIPE 91, we can work on a best effort to
            publish it before the APWG session otherwise we will do
            it after the meeting.

            Kind regards,
            Angela

            Angela Dall'Ara

            Policy Officer

            RIPE NCC

            On 02/10/2025 09:13, Tobias Fiebig wrote:

                Moin,

                just gave it a read and lgtm; I also agree that the end site 
proposal

                has some time; Likely an EDI thing.

                Concerning Pretalx: I could make the submission. However, given 
that

                you'll be the one on-site, it is probably better if you make the

                submission, so you get speaker notes directly, and can upload 
the

                slides etc.

                With best regards,

                Tobias

                On Wed, 2025-10-01 at 22:20 +0000, Wade, Clara wrote:

                    Hi all,

                    I just took a stab at editing the core policy proposal. 
I’ve not had

                    time to work on the End Site definition spinoff proposal, 
so would

                    suggest we focus on this one for RIPE 91.

                    @Tobias Fiebig<mailto:[email protected]> 
<mailto:[email protected]> let me know your thoughts

                    and/or if you’re submitting this via Pretalx as Leo 
suggested.

                    Thanks!

                    Clara

                    From: Angela Dall'Ara<[email protected]> 
<mailto:[email protected]>

                    Date: Tuesday, September 9, 2025 at 6:14 AM

                    To: "Wade, Clara"<[email protected]> 
<mailto:[email protected]>

                    Cc: Tobias Fiebig<[email protected]> <mailto:[email protected]>, Policy 
Officer<[email protected]> <mailto:[email protected]>

                    Subject: RE: [EXTERNAL] Revised IPv6 PI Assignment Policy

                    CAUTION: This email originated from outside of the 
organization. Do

                    not click links or open attachments unless you can confirm 
the sender

                    and know the content is safe.

                    Hi Clara,

                    The summer was great, I'm happy it's not over yet😉

                    Thank you for sharing the new version of the proposal.

                    I had a look at it and I tried to give you my thoughts is a 
new

                    document ( I did not touch yours in case Tobias wanted to 
work on it)

                    
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1wqqPslfGwB0bjcNelGlgI-eVCgvFU1LVO-7uKR-YSKY/edit?usp=sharing

                    There

                    1) I included only the parts you suggested to keep

                    2) I highlighted the text changes in blue bold

                    3) I suggested to rearrange the content with all policy 
text changes

                    the beginning and the explanations and considerations are 
in the

                    Rationale.

                         This because some people told me they found the 
proposal too long

                    and they were losing track of the proposed changes while 
reading the

                    rest.

                         Some people also told me that explanations and 
considerations

                    were supposed to be provided in the mailing list discussion 
and not

                    in the proposal.

                         Personally, I would just list some of the stated 
purposes and

                    considerations in the arguments in favour of the proposal, 
avoiding

                    repetitions.

                    4) I made a couple of questions and comments

                    5) I added a suggestion for a separate policy proposal 
regarding the

                    End Site Definition (missing the Rationale with arguments 
in favour

                    and against)

                    Please let me know if something is not clear, I did my best 
but you

                    never know, it was a busy day.

                    Important: You probably already know (and Tobias for sure) 
that you

                    can happily discard any of the above, as the proposal is 
owned by the

                    proposers not the by Policy Officer.

                    I will be back from vacation on 22 September, happy to have 
a call

                    after that date if you think it could be useful.

                    Kind regards,

                    Angela

                    Angela Dall'Ara

                    Policy Officer

                    RIPE NCC

                    On 08/09/2025 17:56, Wade, Clara wrote:

                    Hi Angela,

                    Hope you’ve had a good summer!

                    I am writing to share a proposed new version of the 
“Revised IPv6 PI

                    Assignment Policy” policy proposal 2024-01. Please see the 
doc with

                    the suggested edits here:

                    
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1-JCouWaJcH66LAPifHLA3zLCgy2IlvBtIn7m7BuxSr8/edit?tab=t.0

                    The overarching intention of the proposed changes is to 
shorten the

                    policy proposal to what is needed and to the core concepts 
that the

                    community seems to agree need changing. In short, these are 
the

                    proposed changes:

                       1.  Spinning off the definition of End Site (2.9) into a 
separate

                    proposal as that seemed like a point of contention that was 
deviating

                    the discussion from the rest of the policy.

                       2.  Removing the more detailed clarifications in 7.1 
(and removing

                    7.1.3 altogether), understanding that the NCC’s 
implementation would

                    follow these principles and they perhaps do not need to be 
made

                    explicit in the policy.

                    We would appreciate hearing your thoughts on these.

                    Thank you,

                    Clara


-----
To unsubscribe from this mailing list or change your subscription options, 
please visit: 
https://mailman.ripe.net/mailman3/lists/address-policy-wg.ripe.net/
As we have migrated to Mailman 3, you will need to create an account with the 
email matching your subscription before you can change your settings. 
More details at: https://www.ripe.net/membership/mail/mailman-3-migration/

Reply via email to