On Thu, 25 Jan 2024, Marco Schmidt wrote:

Dear colleagues,

In November 2023, I shared with you during the RIPE meeting and on this mailing list that the RIPE NCC intends to assign Autonomous System Numbers (ASNs) from an undifferentiated 32-bit AS Number pool, as defined in the Autonomous System (AS) Number Assignment Policies.

I am pleased to inform you that this change has been successfully implemented. The option to choose between a 16-bit or 32-bit AS Number as been removed. When submitting a request, the RIPE NCC will assign the next available AS Number from the undifferentiated allocation pool.

Hi,

could you please elaborate on what this "undifferentiated 32-bit AS Number pool" is?

I'm mainly curious if it means we'll deplete 16 bit ASNs (allocate from the lowest available number)?

Thanks.

--
Mikael Abrahamsson    email: [email protected]

--

To unsubscribe from this mailing list, get a password reminder, or change your 
subscription options, please visit: 
https://lists.ripe.net/mailman/listinfo/address-policy-wg

Reply via email to