Hi Tore,

> On 29 Nov 2023, at 13:33, Tore Anderson <[email protected]> wrote:
> ...
> 
> (I also suggest that while the NCC is at it, they should document
> assignment-size as being a CIDR prefix length for inet6num as well. As
> you point the formal definition is not crystal clear there either,
> which was a bit of a surprise to me, honestly. But all current inet6num
> objects have an assignment-size within the range 31-128, so I guess
> LIRs simply get it - unless the database software enforces it by
> rejecting updates with values above 128.)
> 
> Tore
> 

I confirm that the verbose help text for "assignment-size:" currently states:

        assignment-size

           Specifies the size of blocks assigned to end users from this
           aggregated inet6num assignment.

             Specifies a numeric value.

We will update the text to include CIDR prefix length for inet6num.

Regards
Ed Shryane
RIPE NCC



-- 

To unsubscribe from this mailing list, get a password reminder, or change your 
subscription options, please visit: 
https://lists.ripe.net/mailman/listinfo/address-policy-wg

Reply via email to