Hi,

I remember talks about large communities in the late 2000s, I see that they
have only been standardized in 2017, a mere 6 years ago.. so the question
stands, although the exageration can be reduced to.. how many decades does
Mikrotik need to support it? :)

I’ve gone off rails, let’s see what Marco says and if it makes sense to
actively chase returns of unused 16bit ASNs.

elvis

On Mon, Jun 12, 2023 at 1:46 AM Gert Doering <[email protected]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On Mon, Jun 12, 2023 at 01:38:58AM -1000, Elvis Daniel Velea wrote:
> > I mean, 32bit ASNs have been around since 2007, do they need 25 years or
> > maybe 100 to code software/firmware that supports all numbers?
> >
> > /rant
>
> I welcome you to read up on "BGP camel"...
>
> (Note that this is not about "32 bit ASN" but about "large communities",
> which were only standardized a few years ago)
>
> Gert Doering
>         -- NetMaster
> --
> have you enabled IPv6 on something today...?
>
> SpaceNet AG                      Vorstand: Sebastian v. Bomhard, Michael
> Emmer
> Joseph-Dollinger-Bogen 14        Aufsichtsratsvors.: A. Grundner-Culemann
> D-80807 Muenchen                 HRB: 136055 (AG Muenchen)
> Tel: +49 (0)89/32356-444         USt-IdNr.: DE813185279
>
-- 
This message was sent from a mobile device. Some typos may be possible.
-- 

To unsubscribe from this mailing list, get a password reminder, or change your 
subscription options, please visit: 
https://lists.ripe.net/mailman/listinfo/address-policy-wg

Reply via email to