Hi all,

I keep thinking that ripe-682 (RIPE resource transfer policies), should have a 
provision (as it is the case in all the other RIRs), in order to "convert" the 
legacy resources to non-legacy, when they got transferred.

I don't really recall if this was discussed during the relevant proposal 
discussion, and it will be great if someone can summarize it (I guess the 
author or chairs, or even the staff).

I think we should consider amend that, unless the reasons it was not done at 
that time, persist today, or even if those reasons persist, may be the 
community has a different view.

I think the text should be something such as:
IPv4 legacy resources will no longer be regarded as legacy resources:
- In the case of intra-RIR transfers.
- In the case of inter-RIR, when incoming to RIPE service region.

I think this is a benefit for the global community, because with that, we bring 
into the RIR system more and more legacy IPv4 resources, which increase the 
transparency and community control.

In a presentation from ARIN for the 2016-2018 period it has been mention:
- Overall space managed by ARIN decreased by ~14 million IPv4 addresses, due to 
Inter-RIR transfers
- Overall ARIN issued space increased by ~30 million IPv4 addresses, due 
primarily to conversion of legacy space via in-region transfers

Opinions?

Regards,
Jordi
@jordipalet
 
 



**********************************************
IPv4 is over
Are you ready for the new Internet ?
http://www.theipv6company.com
The IPv6 Company

This electronic message contains information which may be privileged or 
confidential. The information is intended to be for the exclusive use of the 
individual(s) named above and further non-explicilty authorized disclosure, 
copying, distribution or use of the contents of this information, even if 
partially, including attached files, is strictly prohibited and will be 
considered a criminal offense. If you are not the intended recipient be aware 
that any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of the contents of this 
information, even if partially, including attached files, is strictly 
prohibited, will be considered a criminal offense, so you must reply to the 
original sender to inform about this communication and delete it.





Reply via email to