Hello

On Thu, 2019-02-07 at 18:34 +0100, Daniel Suchy wrote:
> I oppose this proposal, unless at least RIPE NCC will charge
> > members
> > based on how much IPv4 space they have. I find that this will be
> > the
> > only way to really boost IPv6 adoption.
> 
> this is problem maily due to law and related taxes. Such
> diversification
> was here and this changed few years back.
> 

I'm really curious about this argument. Could you please elaborate
further why this should be a problem? Usage based billing is very much
common for almost every service. Just bill a base fee (might include
some training, ...), XXX EUR per /24 Ipv4, XXX EUR per /32 Ipv6 and XXX
EUR per AS, XXX EUR per ... Changes are very high that this would lead
to a quick return of lots of Ipv4 addresses, if the price for Ipv4 is
high enough. As a nice side effect the fees would be much fairer
distributed among the members.

Thanks
Corin


Reply via email to