Once more ... this is not the point. I mention it as one possible choice 
(change fees or not, change contract or not). Even if this is not up to the WG, 
is something that we need to explore as well.

However, we can change the policy so that both PA and PI are "allocations" and 
there is no artificial differences in between and consequently, restrictions 
which are difficult to define "border lines".

Regards,
Jordi
 
 

-----Mensaje original-----
De: address-policy-wg <[email protected]> en nombre de Peter 
Hessler <[email protected]>
Fecha: sábado, 19 de mayo de 2018, 18:17
Para: <[email protected]>
Asunto: Re: [address-policy-wg] proposal to remove IPv6 PI

    On 2018 May 19 (Sat) at 18:11:39 +0200 (+0200), Kai 'wusel' Siering wrote:
    :Am 19.05.2018 um 12:07 schrieb JORDI PALET MARTINEZ via address-policy-wg:
    :> My proposal is NOT to stop IPv6 PI,
    :
    :Alternative facts? The title says "to remove IPv6 PI".
    :
    :> As I explained already, the intent is not to increase the end-user fees 
so they pay the same as an LIR, but to have some "proportionality" and to pay 
for the "real" NCC cost (which maybe still 50 euros, or maybe not, I don't know 
that, it is something that the NCC should calculate).
    :
    :I've read multiple times that costs are out of scope for the APWG. So 
without a change towards a per resource fee structure – which is out of scope 
here –, the proposed change forces PIv6 holders to either become a LIR at 
1400,-- EUR/year or abandon their assignment.
    :
    :Regards,
    :-kai
    :
    :
    
    If my choices are to pay 28x my current fee or abandon using IPv6, I
    will abandon using IPv6.  Quite simply, I can't afford it and **it isn't
    worth it**.
    
    Since I would like to use IPv6, I am very strongly against this proposal.
    
    
    -- 
    Law of the Perversity of Nature:
        You cannot successfully determine beforehand which side of the
        bread to butter.
    
    



**********************************************
IPv4 is over
Are you ready for the new Internet ?
http://www.consulintel.es
The IPv6 Company

This electronic message contains information which may be privileged or 
confidential. The information is intended to be for the exclusive use of the 
individual(s) named above and further non-explicilty authorized disclosure, 
copying, distribution or use of the contents of this information, even if 
partially, including attached files, is strictly prohibited and will be 
considered a criminal offense. If you are not the intended recipient be aware 
that any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of the contents of this 
information, even if partially, including attached files, is strictly 
prohibited, will be considered a criminal offense, so you must reply to the 
original sender to inform about this communication and delete it.





Reply via email to