Hi,

On Thu, Aug 04, 2016 at 05:58:26PM +0200, Daniel Stolpe wrote:
> 
> 
> I think we can live with changing ASSIGNED PI to ASSIGNED PA if it makes 
> the database more readable but I still agree with you Larisa that if we 
> have been going on like this for decades, why the sudden urge to change it 
> now? The end users will certainly be a bit worried by the sudden change.

maybe, maybe not. Quite some won't be reachable or won't exist any more and 
won't even know that the assignment ever existed (or, for that matter, what an 
IP address is).
Still I expect that a few of those being aware of the issue and actively 
running services in those netblocks will not be worried. I can only speak for 
one (ex-) end user organization (albeit one holding several [AU] PI assignments 
from different [covering] LIRs, so probaly a "large one" in those terms) but I 
can state that we will be not be worried but in fact *very relieved* once 
clarity wrt administrative responsibility is reached.

It might be noteworthy that these assignments were handed out in the 90s as 
part of "Internet service" contracts in the corporate space, hence usually (not 
too tiny) amounts of money were involved. I leave the conclusions to the 
reader...

best

Enno







> 
> Cheers,
> Daniel
> 
> _________________________________________________________________________________
> Daniel Stolpe           Tel:  08 - 688 11 81                   
> [email protected]
> Resilans AB             Fax:  08 - 55 00 21 63            
> http://www.resilans.se/
> Box 45 094                                                          
> 556741-1193
> 104 30 Stockholm
> 
> 

-- 
Enno Rey

ERNW GmbH - Carl-Bosch-Str. 4 - 69115 Heidelberg - www.ernw.de
Tel. +49 6221 480390 - Fax 6221 419008 - Cell +49 173 6745902 

Handelsregister Mannheim: HRB 337135
Geschaeftsfuehrer: Enno Rey

=======================================================
Blog: www.insinuator.net || Conference: www.troopers.de
Twitter: @Enno_Insinuator
=======================================================

Reply via email to