you're very close with the sed script. did you see acme's 'Edit' command?
grep -n Edit <{man acme}

On Sun, Oct 4, 2026 at 11:52 AM <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> Greetings.
>
> I have been searching fairly extensively for a quick and efficient way of 
> block-commenting in acme.
>
> [Apparently this can be done using /* */, but I strongly dislike that syntax, 
> for the reason that once you use it somewhere, if you then want to 
> block-comment a larger section, you can't, because the */ that is already 
> there will end the comment.]
>
> An alternative is to use the following, via M2 select, or M1 select, M2 click:
>
> | sed 's/^/\/\//'
>
> That works.  But it takes a while to type, and would have to be re-inserted 
> in each new acme window, to the best of my knowledge.  What I would like, 
> would be to put it in a shell-script stored somewhere, and then just call 
> that script from acme.  I have done this, storing it in both 
> /usr/glenda/bin/rc and /acme/bin/arm (for the raspberry-pi), with no result.  
> There is at least one claim that this should work: 
> https://github.com/evbogdanov/acme/blob/master/bin/c, and documentation.  I 
> have observed that he/she uses bash, and that this whole thing might/probably 
> uses plan9port, and therefore these methods might simply not apply to 
> something like 9front.
>
> The absolute best would be a keyboard shortcut, similar to the ones here:
> https://github.com/evbogdanov/acme (some of which work, the rest I haven't 
> tried, other sites also document such things), but implementing that is over 
> the edge of the research I've done so far.
>
> 9fans / 9fans / see discussions + participants + delivery options Permalink

------------------------------------------
9fans: 9fans
Permalink: 
https://9fans.topicbox.com/groups/9fans/Td1c9bb890f22e833-M9d5fdd42b2efb8956704bec7
Delivery options: https://9fans.topicbox.com/groups/9fans/subscription

Reply via email to