this sounds like a misconfiguration in config.txt. Googling might be helpful. I got this on the first try: https://forums.raspberrypi.com/viewtopic.php?t=210232
FYI, Costco in the US has an identical size/resolution Acer display for the same price (uses mini-HDMI). On Tue, Sep 29, 2026 at 11:59 PM <[email protected]> wrote: > > I finally plugged in this new monitor: > > UPERFECT 15.6" 1080P Portbale Monitor Second Screen HDMI USB For Computer > Laptop > https://www.ebay.ca/itm/398219222566?mkpid=0&emsid=e11400.m144671.l197929&ch=osgood&euid=e5d2655eab544b70a284fff09abeb65b&bu=44704890480&exe=0&ext=0&osub=-1%7E1&crd=20260918144128&segname=11400 > > To my surprise, the display does not fill up the entire screen. > There is a full ~1/2" of unused screen on all 4 sides. The resolution is > claimed to be 1920x1080. > I am currently using 9front, on a raspberry-pi 1 B. > > I therefore assume that this is new hardware that will require a new or at > least adjusted driver. > > I have now tested it plugged into this linux mint laptop. Mint has it's own, > even more severe, problems with it. Perhaps this report can be useful for > others considering the same purchase. > 9fans / 9fans / see discussions + participants + delivery options Permalink ------------------------------------------ 9fans: 9fans Permalink: https://9fans.topicbox.com/groups/9fans/Te545e6d079df3c59-Mfdc7b46e45c1d3c91bcba69c Delivery options: https://9fans.topicbox.com/groups/9fans/subscription
