Hi David, hi Charles!

Am Montag, den 04.07.2011, 15:54 +0300 schrieb David Nelson:
> Hi Charles,
>
> > We need to get the Paris Conference a permanent mention on our
> > homepage... asap. Anybody has an idea? I can try to come up with a
> > proposal but I suck at drawing...
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > --
> > Charles-H. Schulz
>
> I've been having a think about this, and I see 3 easy possibilities:

> 1) We use the top bar [...]

> 2) As an alternative to 1) above, we insert a 2-column table above the
> TDF Blog and Twitter widgets, and below the existing 5 links, and put
> in two short texts publicizing the 2 sites.

> 3) In any case, sometime back, I suggested rolling out a dedicated
> news section on libreoffice.org. That idea slipped into forgotten-ness
> after it got a somewhat guarded reception at the time. I'd suggest
> again rolling out that News section, where we could give a lot more
> room to initiatives such as these, on the LibreOffice site rather than
> the TDF site, which seems more logical to me
>
> What do people think?

Number three would be my favorite - if we can manage to bring together
(also) the given news channels, e.g. the TDF blog (SC issue, I think),
the Twitter (and other social networking) stuff.

To me, it would be absolutely beneficial if we could move most of the
news stuff to a separate location, since we could greatly clean up the
front page to make it look lighter and nicer. And, some of the given
space could even be used to "promote" such events like the LibOCon.

Cheers,
Christoph